Thursday, November 09, 2006

Chickenfeed

I happened to see this story on Reuters today. Excerpting the main information to save you chasing the link (but feel free!)

KARACHI (Reuters) - Pakistani authorities found chickens, not children, when they went to inspect a state-run primary school after a tip-off the establishment was being used to produce poultry.
...
"Chickens, television sets, video recorders, playing cards and breeding cages were found in what were supposed to be classrooms but no students," Kanwar Naved, the mayor of the city of Hyderabad told Reuters Wednesday.


The emphasis is mine and is there because it seems to me there must be more to the story. Obviously the plan was to use the playing cards to teach the chickens to play poker. A bit of training at rudimentary hunt and peck keyboarding skills and then they'd be released en masse onto the penny tables at your favourite online poker sites. At first the returns would be, well, chickenfeed, but the more successful chickens would be allowed to breed, and soon a race of poker playing super chickens would be dominating the 5/10 LHE tables.

It may seem a far fetched idea, but as some rather more clever people than I almost said about a similar plan: consider the enormous commercial possibilities if they succeed.

In other news, Fuel55 and Iakaris were no doubt active bidders at this auction.

Finally, in another tale of chicken feed, my beloved set of micro MTT's went reasonably well tonight. I finished third in one, knocked out as second stack with the chips all in on the turn where I had two pair, but big stack hit his flush (which he had no business drawing to, given my turn bet) on the river. So sad. But the story I promised myself to tell (as a penance) was of my exit near the bubble in another.

Blinds at 100/200/25, I(4300) picked up KK, UTG+1. UTG(5200) opened with a min-raise to 400. I reraised to 1600, folded to BB(3600) who went all in. UTG raised all in. If I can ever fold KK preflop it must be here. But I couldn't and found myself up against AA UTG and AK in the BB (killing one of my outs!). No miracle straight (and both my K's were dominated for flush purposes), and no K, so IGHN. Bad boy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home