Monday, August 27, 2007

The iPod meme

A.k.a running well, so I don't have many stories from the table. I'm not sure whether I'll do the full twenty first verses, as that seems a bit excessive and I do intend to cheat slightly by using shuffle play on "M's favourites" rather than the full library, but, with those provisos, here goes:
  1. If you gave me a coin for every time we say goodbye
    Well I'd be rich beyond my dreams, I'm sorry for my weary life
    I know I'm not perfect but I can smile
    And I hope that you can see this heart behind my tired eyes

  2. Well we know where we're going
    But we don't know where we've been
    And we know what we're knowing
    But we can't say what we've seen
    And we're not little children
    And we know what we want
    And the future is certain
    Give us time to work it out

  3. Welcome to real life
    Welcome to real life
    I've come to realise it's no game
    No one is the same
    There's so much more to life
    Than meets the eye

  4. You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
    You may find yourself in another part of the world
    You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
    You may ask yourself; Well...How did I get here?

  5. Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
    If you can use some exotic booze
    There's a bar in far Bombay
    Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

  6. Stop this world, let me off
    There's just too many pigs in the same trough
    There's too many buzzards sitting on the fence
    Stop this world, it's not making sense

  7. People try to put us down
    Just because we get around
    Things they do look awful cold
    I hope I die before I get old

  8. We were at a party
    His ear lobe fell in the deep
    Someone reached in and grabbed it
    It was a rock lobster

  9. Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine
    meltin' in a pot of thieves
    wild card up my sleeve
    thick heart of stone
    my sins my own
    they belong to me, me

  10. I was tuning in the shine on the light night dial
    Doing anything my radio advised
    With every one of those late night stations
    Playing songs bringing tears to my eyes
    I was seriously thinking about hiding the receiver
    When the switch broke 'cause it's old
    They're saying things that I can hardly believe
    They really think we're getting out of control



And that's probably more than enough.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Katitude said...

Man, I got every one of those!

8:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home