Thursday, August 30, 2007

Deep in the set mines

The following hand took place just a few minutes after I'd sat down to play at a new table. In a strange sort of way I don't like to win a big pot early as I find it hard to play my normal game after that. But, I'll always take the cash ...

PokerStars Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed)
Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Button ($24.65)
BB ($34.85)
Hero ($24.75)
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2♠, 2.
1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, Button calls $0.25, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) T, A♠, 2 (3 players)
BB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2, Button raises to $9, BB calls $8.25, Hero raises to $24, Button calls $14.90 (All-In), BB calls $15.

Obviously this is the interesting point of the hand. I don't read the BB for TT (probably not a raise initially from this particular player), but of course AA is possible (though, with the ace on the board, we might see a slow play there). My initial raise with bottom set is actually a bit too small, since diamond draws are being more or less priced in. When the button raised, again I didn't put him on TT (he would have raised preflop with that), and I actually thought AT was his most likely holding. When the BB just called that, I ruled out AA. My best guess now was that the button had AT, and the BB AK or AQ possibly with a diamond draw (though perhaps not -- again the BB might have reraised with that rather than just calling the button's raise).

So, I read myself as being ahead, and got all the money in. Sometimes it's nice when a plan comes together ...


Turn: ($74.05) Q (3 players, 2 all-in) (I'm a little worried by this card)
River: ($74.05) 8♠ (3 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $74.25

BB: AK♣
Button: AT♣

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Fuel55 said...

AK is the nuts. Nothing beats AK.

7:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home