Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You have to laugh

Because it certainly wouldn't help to do anything else. Playing my usual 0200EDT $5.50 tournament on UB, I've actually managed to amass some chips (2280) in the first half hour.

Blinds are still 15/30 and on the button I get the chance to limp with 10♦ 9♠.

The flop is a not entirely unpleasant 10♠ 9♥ 4♣.

And then it gets better! The SB who started with only 410, bets 180. A MP player who started with 1345, raises to 360. I bet pot, trying to look like I'm making an isolate/steal move (and not being unaverse to isolating anyway). SB, as expected, calls all in, and so does the MP player.

SB: 8♠ 7♥
MP: Q♥ 9♣ (??)

The turn? 6♣
There goes the main pot (1320).

The river? Q♣
And the side pot (1870) too.

For those who care about such things, when the money went in, my equity in the main pot was 58% and in the side pot 85% (a nice little symmetry there!)

Oh well, as I write I'm still hanging in but down to 515 - nope just doubled up with AQ v K4, despite the 4 (and no A or Q) on the flop.

Postscript Still at 1030 chips just after the first break, the blinds have moved to 50/100 and I find JJ in the big blind. An EP player (1805) limps, folded to a big stack in the SB who raises to 400. That feels like a steal, and I think I have to push anyway. The EP player calls all and, after some thought, the SB folds.

Obviously I'm worried about a limped KK or AA but EP turns over Q♥ J♥!
But there's a Q in the flop (and no J there, nor later.) IGHN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home