Friday, December 01, 2006

Delayed coverage

We present delayed coverage of the Full Tilt Poker $25K guaranteed, November 30. I'm in this because I picked up a random token in some S+G, and am about to head off to (probably pokerless) Brisbane in a few days, so need to use it up. Friday afternoon for me of course, and it seemed like Thursday night might be one of the looser/better games. Random comments from the second Ashes test, which is playing in the background, interspersed. Iakaris was also in this, and a few notes about him too. Times are from the start of the tournament, since I can't deal with converting the timezones all the time, and if I tell you what time it is here, that would be too confusing. Minimal editing has been carried out on the notes below.

Just to be perfectly clear though -- every hand where I voluntarily put money in the pot is mentioned. Squeak, squeak.

(0m) 1581 runners.
(10m) First elimination at my table.
(15m) Second elimination at my table.
(20m) First hand where I voluntarily put chips in pot. In MP(1395) after 1 limp, I limp with 22. Three to the flop of KK8. Check-check to me, I bet 100 into 140. All fold. Very few limped hands at this table.

(27m) Blinds 25/50. A5o on button. I raise to 150. Called by BB(4700). Flop A97. Bet. Win. Iak doing well (3600). England failing to score any runs in Adelaide.Table quite tight. I find the short levels/small increases at Full Tilt annoying.
(35m) 37o, 38o in the blinds. Whee. At least it's hard to make mistakes. Back to 1500.

(38m) 1hobojo tries, but fails to successfully drop the hammer from UTG. He kept trying, but a set of Qs was not buying it. England scoring a few runs.
(40m) 1hobojo rewarded for his faith by getting all in with AK, and getting a call from AT presumably thinking he was on tilt. He's still only at 750.
(42m) I cravenly fail to raise with the hammer UTG. Hand develops into a three way all in. QTo (1hobojo), JJ(2000), 85s(1600)???? J's hold.

(44m) Complete from the SB with A2o (1 limper). Fold to 2/3 pot bet from limper on Q86 flop. Down to 1350. Blinds 40/80
(46m) In cutoff, call EP min raise with AJs. Both blinds call. Flop A53, initial raiser bets 1/2 pot. I go all in, blinds fold, he calls with AT. I win. Up to 3000. Iak hovering.
(50m) Blinds 50/100. Table seems to be loosening. Iak up to 4600 (all in over a bet on QJ98 board)
(53m) KJs on button. Pick up/steal the blinds.

(55m) Big pot for Iak. He bets 300, called, then an all in(790). He calls, but next player goes all in for 1800. Iak folds. AQ and 99. 9's hit a set and win. He's down to 3850. Wonder what he had (checked by email ... 88) lots of paint was on the board (QJT92). Collingwood scoring runs, Bell imitating a lamp post.
(1h0m) Break time. 680 remaining. Average stack 3500, I'm on 2880.

(1h16m) AKo in cutoff. Pick up the blinds.
(1h18m) Steal with KJo from MP. 3000.
(1h21m) AA in SB. All fold to me of course. Min raise, BB folds. Sigh.
(1h22m) KK on button. All in from MP for almost exactly my stack. Call. He has A5. Ks hold. 6200! Ahead of Iak for the first time (knock on wood).

(1h27m) UTG+1, raise to 400 (BB 160) with KQo. Pick up the blinds. Image must be good -- it bloody well should be.
(1h36m) Table tightening again. Just sat through an orbit with utterly no cards, and no opportunities. 420 left, average 5600. I'm on 5800.
(1h40m) Iakaris gone. Hits a straight and a flush, but unfortunately, opp, who made a dubious call of Iak's all in, has better flush.
(1h45m) AA in SB. Bet of 780 from MP who began with 2200. I pot. He folds. Rats. Should have min raised? However, any raise from me pot commits him. Up to 6600. Still below average (7000).

(1h50m) AA UTG+2. UTG+1 bets 900. I min raise, he goes all in (3000). He has KK. Poor fellow. Over 10K. 88 next hand, and I pick up the blinds.
(1h54m) K7o on the button. Pick up the blinds.
(1h58m) Bugger. Just got moved. No more image, and the stack arrangements at this table aren't as favourable. Nice while it lasted. Time to fold a while and build up image again.
(2h3m) Stupid! Over limp with KJo from LP and get into a big pot on QJ4 flop (early limper had a Q of course). Down to 2000. Stupid, stupid, stupid. ATs next hand. All in with 2 others. Hit the nut flush. They had QQ and AQ. Back to 7000. I don't deserve it. My image now? Heeeeee Hawwwww.

(2h7m) Second break. I'm on 6500. Average is 9500. I'm 146 of 246 left, 216 get paid. Time for a glass of red wine to calm the nerves. Collingwood gets his half century just before tea. England lose no wickets this session. Not a lot of runs. Bell just got his half century too. When was he scoring runs?
(2h14m) Back to work. Blinds 250/500/50 so M is under 10. Fold Q8o in SB after raise from big stack in cutoff. Two stacks about my size to my immediate left, then a big stack, then a small one, then three more big ones, and one medium one. Awkward.
(2h19m) One of my neighbours just knocked the other out. Seat filled with a small stack. 223 left. Can't pretend that my first priority at this point isn't to get in the money.
(2h20m) 88 UTG+2. Standard raise picks up the blinds. Phew. Back to 7000.

(2h24m) Suspicious limp UTG+1 gives me a free play in BB with K4o (SB completed). Flop of AQ3 all check. Turn 5, limper bets min, SB calls. I fold. UTG+1 takes down pot with a bet on the river 3. Just noticed we're in the money. Time to play poker again.
(2h27m) Try a steal from cutoff with QJo (should have gone all in). Tiny all in raise from small stack BB with K6. Straight on the board splits the pot. Image gets even worse if that's possible. M = 4.
(2h30m) Cricketers back from tea. I know you think that's very important.
(2h32m) QJo in SB. I'll push if it's folded to me. Nope. Limp and raise. Fold. We're into the next money level. Wheee. 5000 chips left, blinds just went up to 400/800/100. Where are those AA hands now?

(2h37m) A7o in the cutoff. One limp in front. I push. Called by limper's AA. I finish 161st.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger AnguilA said...

I may be a little too tight, but since there's a limper in front of you and you don't have enough chips to push anybody off a hand, you have to know that (at least) he's going to call you and A7 is way behind most of his probable holdings (you'd be hoping for a loser limping 22-66, A6 or lower or some face cards).

I would much rather open push a bit later with a hand more difficult to be dominated.

10:15 pm  
Blogger Michael Albert said...

Interesting point. I still had more than 6BB, and my stack was about 1/3 of the limpers, so I thought I had some fold equity. Against lots of connectors, Ax is not so bad.

But I agree, it's an easily dominated hand, and perhaps I should have waited a while longer.

10:26 pm  
Blogger Fuel55 said...

Better than a kick in the bum.

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home