Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm soooooo confused

Seen at the top of a recent email message:

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal information. Learn more

So, is it safe to click the link or not? Reminds me somehow of the signs on some of the doors in our building: “This door to remain closed at all times.” Why not just be honest: “This is a wall.”

And in breaking news, I think I spotted Fuel55 in the crowd shot accompanying the news story below.

Protesters disrupt Vancouver Olympics celebration

2 Comments:

Blogger Fuel55 said...

Certainly not me protesting. The Olympics have brought untold wealth to the citizens on Vancouver's Westside. Starter home was $800,000 4 years ago, now $1.6 million. We are getting high speed transit from downtown to the airport, shitloads of new sports venues, upgrades all over the city, new highway to whistler and an influx of billions in misc. capital expenditures. Nothing could be sweeter. Not to mention the $50,000 a week I will be renting my house out for during the Olympics.

Here is a little hand for old times sake:

*** HOLE CARDS ***

EOX!: folds

ch0ppy: folds

TXTIGER24: folds

MyNameIsHov: folds

Pipedream17: raises $20 to $30

Fuel55: calls $25 from SB with [Td Ts]

KKBigDawwg69: folds



*** FLOP *** [Tc Jc Ad]

Fuel55: bets $80

Pipedream17: calls $80



*** TURN *** [Tc Jc Ad] [8s]

Fuel55: bets $510

Pipedream17: raises $290 to $800 and is all-in

Fuel55: calls $290



I just had a sense he loved his hand and wouldn’t fold an ace or a draw. I was willing to take my chances he wouldn’t suck out on me. Plus I have been beating up on this guy for an hour.



*** RIVER *** [Tc Jc Ad 8s] [9d]



*** SHOW DOWN ***

Fuel55: shows [Td Ts] (three of a kind, Tens)

Pipedream17: mucks hand [Ac Jh]

Fuel55 collected $1827 from pot

File under "top two vs bottom set" ...

4:54 am  
Blogger WindBreak247 said...

In the event that you're serious (which I'm sure you're not and I'm gonna look like a fine arse), those pop up on fake eBay or Paypal emails where they ask you to update your information and send you to a dummy site where they end up just stealing it. The links read www.paypal.com or whatever, but if you hover over the link that is NOT where you're actually being sent.

This is Captain Literal, signing off.

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home