Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Keeping the lights on

Between purchasing this fine property and being convinced by various friends to play far more bridge than is really good for me (3.5 hours on Thursday and Monday nights, and about 12 hours over the weekend), not much poker has been happening.

Still, in these days of doom and gloom, it's important that we not let the lights go out. So, in order to generate some material, but judging my attention span well, I sat down in a little 1-table turbo SNG last night ($3.40). The material hands (all hands prior to heads up where I won or lost chips over and above losing the blinds):

Second hand, I get QQ in LP. Blinds at 10/20, there's a raise to 100 in front of me. I reraise to 300, and we play heads up when he calls. Flop is 993 and he folds to my 2/3 pot sized bet.

At 15/30 with one player out, I get to play T5 offsuit from the big blind with two limpers and the SB. Everyone checks as far as the river, by which point the board reads 62544 with a possible club flush. I bet 30 on the river, and get called by AK. Yawn. Lemme see, he limped AK then didn't bet on a 625 flop. Time for a note.

At 25/50 with two out, I raise to 150 from LP with JT offsuit (basically a steal). The BB calls, and then makes a pot sized bet on the A86 flop. I fold.

Same blinds, I try again from the button with Q9 suited. This time, the SB min raises. I have to call (100 into a 450 pot), and take it down on a Q77 flop. Up to 1950.

Three down, blinds at 50/100, I have J6 suited in the BB. Button limps, SB min raises, I think for a moment, but call, and button calls. Flop is 962 with two of my suit to go with the middle pair. SB min bets, I consider raising, but just call. Button calls. Turn is a J, giving me top and middle pair. SB min bets again, making the pot 1000. I raise to 700. Button folds, SB calls leaving 665 behind, which worries me a little (set of 9's)? The 9 on the river counterfeits my second pair, but alleviates my worries about a set of 9's. But, when the SB checks I decide just to check it down in case I'm up against some lunatic with AJ or similar. He turns over TT, and I take a nice pot, up to 3200.

Still seven left, at 75/150, I get 22 UTG+2. Following Fuel's advice, I raise it up. The short stack BB pushes for an extra 150, and I call. He turns KQ suited, so life is not too bad. However, the JJTT5 board counterfeits my pair and makes his flush for good measure. Down to 2500.

Five remaining at 100/200, a 4xBB raise UTG with AT (increased the raise slightly so that the bet was larger than the BB's stack) is uncontested. Then, four handed the same happens with a raise from the button with A3 suited, from the button again with 55, and from the SB with A9. Up to 3000.

The bubble bursts, and I pick up KQ offsuit in the BB. Button is a big stack (over 8000) and the SB covers me by about 600. SB min raises, I push. He calls with 87 suited. Eh? I make trip kings and then a flush of my own to beat his unimproved hand.

From there, it's not worth reporting further action in detail (don't say it). I busted the small stack after he called my raise from the button with 66. Fair enough, I had A3. Unluckily for him, I made a straight and he didn't.

Heads up didn't last too long -- the key hand being a raise by me from the SB with KT suited, followed by a push from him. I'd been raising fairly routinely and suspected that the push was simply a resteal attempt, so called for all my chips. He showed K9 and my cards held up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katitude said...

Nice digs! When can I come stay? *grin

12:41 pm  
Blogger Fuel55 said...

Ducks are usually goot? No sure what went wrong there.

As to the house - 800 sq. m. of LAND - good grief tha would cost $3 million in our neighbourhood. I am on the next boat!

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home