Monday, February 26, 2007

Nothing to see here

Terrible day yesterday at both sit and gos, and multi-table tournaments. Largely of my own doing. Then I won all my losses back, and then some, in half an hour of cash play. I really wish that I found cash play more interesting, it's certainly a lot more lucrative.

Just to show how poorly I was playing (and to check out some new suit symbol codes I just discovered), here's a very early hand of one of the sit and gos:

In the SB I'm dealt 6♢6♣. Five players limp, I complete, the BB checks. Flop is J♠T♠6♡. I bet 80 into the 140 pot. How lame is that on such a coordinated board? I either need to overbet the pot, or try and get in a big check raise. Everybody calls. Pot is now 700. Turn is the 9♢. I bet 400 into the 700 pot. That's my second mistake at least, since I must be beaten at this point. Certainly, I should check and hope to see a free or cheap river which might pair the board. This time, I get one call, and then the button pushes all in. Mortified with my play to this point, and aiming to punish myself for it, I call (mistake number 3). He shows Q♢8♣. The board fails to pair on the river. and I'm left with 10 chips, which I actually manage to work up to 150 before busting out.

Wow, at least three mistakes in one hand (arguably I might have raised pre-flop). And so it went.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home