Wednesday, February 28, 2007

How low can you go?

Found myself deep in a foulie yesterday. The usual cures are:
  • exercise, but a howling southerly was blowing;
  • a decent meal, but I had leftovers that needed to be finished up; or
  • a good book, but I've read The Fourth Bear four times in the last two months, and I certainly wasn't in the mood to go to the library.
So I played some poker instead. This is not a recognised cure for a foulie.

I realised relatively quickly, and with remarkable good sense under the circumstances, that the cash tables were not a good place to be, since one symptom of the mood was a fatalistic need to call any and all bets with any sort of a piece of the flop. So, I found the lowest buy in multi-table SNG's available, popped a couple up on the screen and went at it, starting new ones as necessary.

In the money? A predictable 0%.

Exit hands?
  • KJ v min-raised AA on KQT flop (37/45)
  • AT 9BB push, called by 99 (6/18)
  • AT 8BB push, called by 88 (16/45)
  • AJ 9BB push, called by QJ (7/18)
At which point the dubious pleasures of that exercise palled, and I retreated to the last resort at such times, bad television.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home