Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Abdication of the kings

Just to finish the story from yesterday. Both private and public comments seem to agree with my fold (if you're new to this one, I have black kings and have led pre-flop, and into two opponents on the flop and turn. The board is 2357 with two each of the red suits. Over my 3/4 pot sized bet of $10 on the turn, one player has raised to $23 and the next all in to $26, I folded).

So imagine my surprise, as they say, after a black ten on the river, when:
  • Mr “Definitely on Tilt” the original raiser, turns over A♦2♠ for bottom pair, gutshot, and an over card
  • Mr “Normal until Now” BB, turns over 4♥4♠ for underpair, open ended straight draw.

My jaw dropped ...

I guess, when you play with the donkeys you've got to expect the occasional kick to the shins (or other, more sensitive, parts of the anatomy).

Will I fold next time? I don't know. In any reasonable construction I'm massively behind chasing zero (made straight), one (made set, flush draw for the other) or two outs (two made sets?) If I allow for optimism and just put both players on flush draws, with some straight possibilities, I'm certainly ahead, but not massively so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home