Monday, April 09, 2007

More cash game fun

I managed a series of profitable short sessions at the cash tables today, thanks largely to a few big hands (I know, it's taken me this long to learn that's how you make money at low stakes no limit hold'em ...)

But here's one where I decided that discretion was the better part of valour. Was I right? I'll leave you to think about it.

In EP, I ($90) pick up K♠K♣. I raise to $1.50, called by the player two to my left ($70) who may be tilt-calling me. Early in the session I doubled against him holding TT to his JJ on a QT9 flop, and ever since it seems that he's in every pot I am. The BB ($28) who has not previously done anything remarkable also calls.

The flop is 2♦5♥7♦. The BB checks, and I bet $3 into the $4.75 pot. This again is called around. The turn is the 3♥. The BB checks again, I bet $10 into the $13.75 (minus rake) pot. Mr Maybe-Tilt raises to $23. I am planning to push over this (I think), but the BB now goes all in for about $3 more. So, $16 for me to call, about $69 in the pot, and my neighbour still has about $40 behind.

Oh my fur and whiskers ...

I fold. What say you?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

I like it. Its a weak play, but its a safe play. You're beat by a lot of hands here and there's still a card to come. IMO, this is where a novice loses a lot of money refusing to admit they're beat. You need to pick your battles, and when you're beat by sets, two pair, straights, or a flush draw with one card to come, there's just too much risk to call off most of your stack to a couple of donkeys who sucked out.

Good fold, sir!

5:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home