Friday, August 31, 2007

Got me (cont'd)

Chocolate shock averted. But, it's a mortal sin not to lick the bowl right? And, even if you've made the recipe dozens of times before without mishap, you still have to test (each batch?) when they've baked right?

Anyhow, third batch is cooling and fourth batch is in the oven. We're in the home straight.

Exhibit C comes straight from the "I'm a donkey calling station" files. In late position I receive K♣J♣. UTG min raises ($0.50) and a MP player, myself, and one of the blinds call. The flop is J33♣ giving me top pair, decent kicker and the backdoor flush draw.

UTG now bets ($1.00), a little less than half the pot. MP calls, as do I, and the blind folds. I don't really think I can fold here -- I can't even be sure that I'm behind. On the other hand raising seems a bit over the top.

The turn is a brickish 6. UTG again leads just under half the pot. This time MP goes away, but for some reason I elect to call again (I did tell you!)

Finally, the river brings the A♠ and another half pot sized bet from UTG. Which, showing consistency if nothing else, I again call. Losing to the ladies. I wonder if I could have played the hand any more poorly.

Exhibit D is of a slightly different character than our preceding ones. In MP I receive QQ♣. Over one limper in front of me I bet pot ($1.10) which is called by the BB only, the limper folding. The flop is 5♠9♠T♠. The BB leads ($1.00) into the $2.55 pot, and I raise ($3.00), which he calls. The turn is a very ugly A♠. The BB checks and I check behind. Finally, the river card is 4 and the BB bets ($1.00) into the $8.55 pot. This looks like a blocking bet with a small spade, or no spade and a pair of aces, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger and put in a big raise. Instead, I just call, and lose to a pair of ducks including the 2♠.

And there ends this particular sequence of tales. You may choose to believe that the reason for this is:
  1. I only misplayed four hands in the last few days; or
  2. I'm worried that I've already tried the patience of you my dear readers (or is that reader?) and had better quite while I may still be ahead; or
  3. The final batch of brownies are in the oven and (after cleaning the kitchen -- ugh) I will soon have more productive things to do with my time (like playing poker instead of writing about it).
However, I'd rather you kept your choice to yourself unless it happens to be number 1, in which case I have some real estate that you might be interested in ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home