Saturday, September 15, 2007

How not to play aces (3)

An exhibit from yours truly for a change.

I'm deal A♠A in the big blind. UTG limps, and a poster checks. The SB folds. I always raise, generally pot, in this position. But, the UTG limper was a habitual limp-folder, and the poster was an incredibly tight player. So I elected to check.


When the flop came 44♣J I didn't want to bet because I was worried that both players would assume a big blind special with a four in my hand. So I checked again, and it was checked around.

Things didn't get much better on the turn, which was the 2. Finally, I decided I needed to bet, and bet the minimum $0.25 which UTG called.

The river brought the Q♣. I bet the minimum again, and now UTG put in a minimum raise. Knowing what I'd see, I called. Sure enough he showed QT for the flush.

I'm so embarrassed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home