Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where there's muck there's brass

Or, just for a change, how not to play KK.

Two limps to the small blind who holds KK. He completes. I check my powerhouse 96 offsuit in the big blind. The flop comes 992, two suited. He checks. I bet 1/2 pot ($0.50) which clears out the limpers, and he calls. My worry about the flush draw goes away on the turn, which is a 6. Again he checks. I bet a little more than 1/3 pot ($0.75). Now he min raises.

Not sure what I should do here, but I min-reraise, trying to represent a poor overpair (but of course we know I was unlikely to have checked preflop with T's or better.) He seems to be getting the message and just calls. The river is an 8. He returns to his checkered ways and checks, I bet a little less than 1/2 pot, and he calls.

Not bad for a hand I would have laid down preflop to even a min raise.

Side note: I was listening to some of my "back issues" of the CBC radio Comedy Factory podcast (I've fallen behind on my radio listening, but the return of "Fighting Talk" reminded me to get going again) and they managed to slip into the dialog of a sketch:

"Oh Canada, you homely naive land."

Hmm ... perhaps you have to be a Canadian ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home