Saturday, September 08, 2007

Row, row, row

One of these boats comes from the perspective of the figurehead, the other one from the other head ...

UTG+1 I get 8♥8♣ and limp. A player in MP and the blinds come along for the ride. The flop is a lovely Q8♠2. The SB checks and the BB leads for $0.25 into the $1 pot. I raise to $1, which folds out the other two players, but the BB calls. The turn is the 2♣

"Oh please please please have a two" think I.

It seems that my prayer has been heard as he leads for just less than the pot. I call. The river is the A

"Oh please please please have A2" think I.

Another near pot sized bet comes out, and I reraise him all in. Sure enough, A♣2♠. Glad to have the gods smiling at me for a change.

In the other hand, I'm in the big blind with J2♠. I get to see a free flop with just one MP player and the BB. The flop of JJ♠9 looks pretty good to me. To my surprise, the SB leads with a pot sized ($0.75) bet. I call, and the other player folds. I'm not sure I care a great deal for the turn which is the 10♠. However, the BB leads with a probish looking $0.50 so I raise to $2.00. He min-reraises to $3.50 which now worries me a bit (KQ?). However, I'm getting 5:1 on my call at this point and can hardly do less. My boat finally arrives on the river (how appropriate) which is the 2. He leads for $3 into the $9.25 pot, and though I'm well aware I could be losing to JT or J9 I reraise an additional $6 to put him all in (I have him well covered of course). He calls, and shows 99♣.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home