Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's been a while

Since I played any sit and go's, and of course a bit longer since I won one. But tonight, the $25 tables all looked extremely rocky (last night of a holiday weekend in N. America -- I guess everyone had had enough, or gone to bed early for work tomorrow). So, with the Antique Roadshow in the background, I fired up a couple of the one table $3.40 turbos on Stars.

Exited in a coinflip in 7th place on one (my tens against AK). But, the other went relatively well...

Did my usual lurk between 1000 and 1300 chips as the first few players busted out, and then as the blinds went up entered pushbot mode. At 100/200 with four players remaining I was down to 800 chips in the BB with Q8s, and the SB just completed. I thought about pushing, but chose to see a flop -- AKQ rainbow, with one card in my suit. The SB led for 200 into the pot and I decided that an ace would certainly have raised preflop, and a king might have. Besides, a king would have a hard time calling a push here. On top of all that was the quite reasonable possibility that his bet was a simple bluff. So I pushed, and collected a bit of breathing room when he folded. I actually think that this was the critical hand for me

Next hand I had KQo in the SB, folded to me. I pushed (7BB) of course and picked up another 200 bringing me to 1600. And then, the very next hand, with perfect timing, I got AA on the button. I pushed again, and sure enough one of the blinds decided that I'd really lost it and called -- to be fair, he was the big stack and had KQo so not such a ridiculous call.

We burst the bubble when someone else tried to play AA -- SB completed, the BB with AA raised to 3BB, SB called. On a 762 flop the SB pushed, and the BB called. Well ahead of 87o, he unfortunately lost to the runner runner straight.

Next button I had 99. But, with 18BB to my name now, too much to push. I put in a standard raise, called by the SB. The flop was a two tone K65. He checked, I bet 800 into the 1400 pot and he min-raised. I folded. I'm not sure about this bet -- perhaps I should just try to get out of the hand cheaply. Down to 11BB, and definitely the smallest of the three stacks.

I got lucky when one big stack took his two paired 63o up against a slow played set of aces belonging to the other big stack. He tilt pushed on the next hand with K5 offsuit (actually with 8BB on the button, not at all a ridiculous push), and I found 99 in the BB and cleaned him up.

So, I entered heads up play at a 7:2 chip disadvantage. After 35 hands the positions were reversed. After 40 they were back to the original. Fought back to even, then back down again at 48 hands. On this hand my opponent raised (as he had been doing very aggressively) from the SB for about half my stack. With K6 offsuit, I felt I had a marginal overpush and did. He called with 87 suited, hit a 7 on the flop, but I was rescued by a king on the river. From there I hit a few flop and pushed up to a 4:1 chip advantage.

After 56 hands, an eternity in a turbo sit and go, it was all over, as I took the final hand in a coinflip with 55 vs Q7.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Fuel55 said...

55 vs Q7 is NO COINFLIP. 55 dominates!!!!!!!!!1

3:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home