Thursday, March 08, 2007

Twilight turbo's

I've rediscovered the joys of single table turbo sit and go's. And their frustrations too of course, but that practically goes without saying. So, submitted for your consideration:

(50/100) A9 offsuit on the button, 1300 chips, 7 players remaining. One limp in front, I raise to 500, BB who covers me pushes. I forget to be wary of the wrath of Hoy and call. Twilight zone indeed (he had TT -- I didn't suck out).

(10/20) A8 suited in MP, 1500 chips, 10 players remaining. I open limp (doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo), the button calls, the SB folds, the BB check. Flop is Q95 with two of my suit. BB min bets. I make a huge mistake and just call. Button calls. Turn is an Ace. BB min bets again. I make a slightly smaller mistake and bet 90, leaving the button to call 90 into a 240 pot. He does, as does the BB. River is an 8 giving me two pair. I bet 200 into the 400 pot, button pushes. With a flick of my long ears, I call. Of course he has JT - what else could it be?

On the positive side, I think that had I made those two obvious folds it's quite likely I would have been in the money in five out of five of these suckers.

Haven't mentioned radio for a while. Fighting Talk continues to be a favourite, as does Definitely Not the Opera which is absolutely superb.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home