Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Different song, same chorus

$25 NL again, a good table is breaking up and we're down to five handed. With a full stack, I pick up black tens under the gun. I raise to $0.75 and attract an unwelcome three calls -- one from the cutoff, and two from the blinds.

The flop of T♥9♥2♠ goes some way to alleviating my worries. When the blinds check, I bet $2 into the $3 pot. This shrugs off the cut off, but both blinds call.

The turn is the A♠ and I now entertain some thoughts of raking in a fairly big pot. The small blind opens with a ridiculous $0.25 into the $9 pot, which the big blind duly calls. With two flush draws and plenty of straight draws out, I can hardly do less than raise to $5. And they both fold ... I seem to be setting my bets to better draws than my opponents are actually holding.

1 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

I've certainly been running into this problem at the micro limits myself. See my last blog post.

Here's the other micro limit phenominon I saw in a session Monday night...

I'll find myself raising to 4x-5x and getting 4-5 callers, but then when I pick up AA or KK UTG and raise to 3x, it folds all the way around.

This literally happened to me twice in one session. The third time I picked up AA UTG, I raised to 3x and got called by the button, who folded to my flop bet.

You raise to 5x and everyone wants to play...you practically min-raise, and THIS scares off the donkeys.

Unreal.

8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home