Saturday, March 10, 2007

That was fun


Well, actually I'm just a bit sore ... well, perhaps more than a bit. But the weather was absolutely perfect here this morning and I really did want to get through the 15km barrier. As you can see I overdid it slightly. It may help with the resolution to open the image in a separate window. If I'd known it was going to be 17.94km I would have run the last 100m back to the car instead of starting my stretching and warming down at the corner! Then again, I'm going to claim 18km on the grounds that lots of the straight segments shown in the path aren't actually completely straight, I'm sure there were at least 60m in wiggles.

The funny little step pattern in the northwest corner of the run was a result of preparations for the Royal NZ Pipebands Association National Street March. And no, I wasn't trying to avoid it -- I was trying to see as many bands as possible in their warmup. Though it has to be said that the combination of the pipebands and my iPod was sometimes a bit peculiar.

In poker news, I've been trying one of those "20 SNG ladder" things, starting with the $3.40 turbos on Stars. I've played 15, and was freerolling after 12. Since then I've had another first, a seventh, and a bubble fourth (annoyingly having an all in with KQ called by a big stack on J3 offsuit -- had I doubled up I'd have been second in chips, but we know what happened).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home