Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Acey-Deucey

$25 NL as usual for the moment. I'm at a pretty passive table and pick up A♠2♠ in the cutoff. There's one limper in front, and I'd normally fold this I think (not having enough potential victims in the pot if I hit big), but I decide to call. The button comes along, as do both blinds.

When the flop comes K♠Q♣8♥ I mentally consign my $0.25 investment in this hand to the dustbin. But, it's checked around. Interesting.

Things get even more interesting when the 4♠ turn is also checked around (I see no point in betting my draw since I strongly suspect there was at least one painted-pair out that won't fold, and the river cards that complete my draw are obvious ones.)

So, the river arrives, the J♠. And now when I have the nuts, the betting begins. The SB bets $0.25 into the $1.25 pot. The original limper raises to $1. I have to decide how big my reraise should be. Feeling that only another flush can possibly call, and that nervously, I reraise to $2. And they both call!

Q♦J♦ in the SB failed to lead the flop (probably fair) or the turn (probably a mistake) and called on the river (just unspeakable), and 6♠7♠ was just unlucky (though, even getting 6:1 on his final call, it's not clearly correct is it?)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home