Sunday, May 27, 2007

Will the real Gigli please stand up

I think that I'm going to claim that dubious honour in the latest edition of kat's Friday night donkament. Though technically I wasn't the first person knocked out, I was the first person knocked out after the rebuy period. And after all, being knocked out of a rebuy before the end of the rebuy period doesn't mean that you're a bad poker player, just that you're stingy.

Our table failed to keep up its end in the drive towards 200 rebuys (which fell just short). I don't know what the excuses of my tablemates were, but in my case it was a simple symptom of my account balance on FT being in the low single figures at present.

So, I arrived at the second hour with something in the vicinity of 5.5K in chips -- while the average must have been well north of 10K. Soon thereafter I picked up AKs in one of the blinds. One of the few stacks shorter than I raised from LP, there may or may not have been an intervening call (I hate trying to dig hand histories out of FT), I pushed, and we were off to the races (against TT). No joy for me, and I was down to 10BB, "back to my comfort zone", I quipped at the time.

Unfortunately, I was not given a long time to enjoy it, as on my next trip through the blinds I picked up 88. Over Acornman's late position raise, I pushed. Unfortunately, he had some silly hand like KK. I mean really, who raises with that eh?

Today's agenda is to sit tight and hope that the house doesn't fly away in the first of our winter gales. You know, one of those where any small bird foolish enough to take to the air discovers that it can't get back to its starting point on the wing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home