Saturday, May 26, 2007

Back to level 1

Playing like this is certainly going to stall my progress through the limits. It's so embarrassing that I'm going to have to start with a raw hand history.

Seat 1: mchllbrt ($24.15 in chips)
Seat 8: Villain ($60.15 in chips)
mchllbrt: posts big blind $0.25
NPC: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mchllbrt [A♣ K♥]
NPC: checks
Villain: calls $0.25
mchllbrt: raises $1.25 to $1.50
NPC: folds
Villain: calls $1.25
*** FLOP *** [5♥ 3♠ K♣]
mchllbrt: bets $2
Villain: calls $2
*** TURN *** [5♥ 3♠ K♣] [J♥]
mchllbrt: bets $5
Villain: raises $9 to $14
mchllbrt: raises $6.65 to $20.65 and is all-in
Villain: calls $6.65
*** RIVER *** [5♥ 3♠ K♣ J♥] [A♥]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mchllbrt: shows [A♣ K♥] (two pair, Aces and Kings)
Villain: shows [3♦ 3♥] (three of a kind, Threes)
Villain collected $46.25 from pot

Some of my mistakes (feel free to point out others)

  • Despite having marked villain as the best player at the table besides me (ha!), I played him to be a complete donkey.

  • Limp then call is frequently a small pair.

  • I went broke with essentially TPTK.



The only serious question is whether I should slow down and not lead on the turn, or fold to the turn raise. Sigh.

Realized that I missed an opportunity with my last post -- my 128th. That's the hammer if you're a CS geek.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home