Monday, May 28, 2007

A peculiar discovery

A couple of weeks ago, in the midst of a bad run, I consolidated my meager bankroll on PokerStars. I had played most of my cash games on UltimateBet, but decided to abandon them after changes to the bonus system, and also because their whole atmosphere was somehow going bad.

My bad run continued. I shan't bore you with the details because, unlike families according to Tolstoy in Anna Karenina, "unhappy poker players are all alike, every happy poker player is happy in his own way" (which presupposes the existence of a happy poker player, a point which is certainly open to debate).

Obviously, something needed to be done. So I sat down and concentrated, only two tabling, and without distractions. And it got worse.

Finally, a key piece of wisdom from my days of acing multiple choice tests made itself heard -- "never trust your second thoughts". And even more to the point: "never give yourself a chance to have second thoughts". So, back to four tabling with random sports on TV. And it's all good. Well, so far anyway. Stay tuned.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

If you don't mind my asking, what are you using to move your money around??

Last I played, 3 days ago, I was running frustratingly poor. So poor, I couldn't even post about it because it would just be a "you've heard it all before" post. I'm hoping the ship will have begun to right itself when I fire up the virtual felt this afternoon.

3:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home