Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Signs of spring?

No, far too soon for that. But at least some green in the record books. Of course it helps when the deck is hitting you hard ($25NL as usual):

  • KK with position on QQ, flop turn and river all random low cards.

  • KK against shortstack A7 who decides to call my preflop raise, and then push over my bet on QQ9 flop. Yes I'll pay off a Q here. I'm a calling station.

  • AK on the button against QT in the cutoff. Flop of K74 gives him a flush draw, he bets 1/2 pot, I raise enough to kill the immediate flush odds. Turn an offsuit 10. He checks I bet 3/4 pot. He calls again without odds. River K! He bets! I push! He calls! (That's about as excited as I get.)

  • AQ in the SB with a big pot preflop (four in for $2.75 each -- I'd called $1 and then had odds to call the BB's raise). Flop comes QQ6 rainbow. I break with habit and check. Mister 67 offsuit decides he must be good and bets $3. I check-raise, teasingly, to $9. That looks weak to him and he takes the bait and pushes.

  • AK wins a race against $10 stack's QQ.



But it wasn't all beer and skittles (nor should it ever be of course). I overplayed a couple of AK's (a leak of mine, which I'm working on). I had a lovely 33 hit a 357 flop, and a 5 on the turn, only to lose to mister 57 offsuit! And finally, another AK hand:

UTG+1 raises to $1.5 over UTG's limp. Folds to me in the SB and I call with AKo. Heads up on the flop of 569, two clubs (I have A♣). I try to knock out another AK with a $2 bet, called. A♦ on the turn pleases me. I bet $4 also called. I'm pretty sure now that I'm up against a big ace. River is a slightly worrying T♦, except I don't think AT makes the initial raise, though TT might. I check to induce a bet (and secondarily control the pot). He bets $5 and I call, to see the big Ace all right -- AA. Oops.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Nice little run there. Keep up the good work!

9:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home