Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What a good blogger am I

That was supposed to be the title of this post. When I sat down to an early evening session I thought that my previous entry, where I mentioned "card dead" without whining about it had earned me some karmic credits.

Within three or four hands of sitting down, I picked up QQ, UTG+1. UTG min raised, I tripled his bet, he min raised that to $2.50, I raised to $5, and he called. He then pushed the remainder of his $14 stack on the J53 flop. No Presto this time -- he had AK, and I had a nice pot (even rubbing salt in the wound with a Q on the river).

But then ... not so very long later at the same table.

I have 99 in the SB. UTG raises to $1. There is one caller, I call, and the BB calls. Flop is Q♦9♦5♠. I bet $2.50 into the $4.25 pot (there was a poster who didn't take part in the action). Immediately I thought, "perhaps with four in the pot, a pot sized bet would have been in order." It turned out not to matter. The BB raised to $6.25 leaving $16.50 behind. The other two folded and I pushed. He called, not entirely unreasonably with K♦J♦ (PokerStove says he needs to be getting 2:1 which, as it happens is almost exactly what he is getting.) The 6♠ on the turn wasn't too bad, but the 10♠ on the river certainly was.

And now, salt in my wounds, sometime later on the same table, playing AK against a small stack, I forced him all in (well, he forced himself all in) when he led with a c-bet on a 346 flop. His hand? A7 no flush draw. River 7. Sigh.

Must be time for some rice pudding and bad TV.

1 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Now *that* sounds about like your average $25 NL session.

$25 NL goes a long way toward making you feel like a big limit gamer trapped in a small bankroll.

Just gotta keep plugging away and try and get it in good. I'm right there with you...

5:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home