Thursday, May 31, 2007

Horsing around

Shamefully falling into a "bank your wins" mode after my first very good sessions in some time at $25NL last night, I played a couple of the old $3.40 SNG's (bubble/2nd), and a HORSE freeroll (despite the fact that even had I qualified I wouldn't have been able to play the tournament of which it was a satellite). Still, I was fairly happy to finish 86/2000.

Particularly so considering that my immediate right hand neighbour was playing "bet/raise everything" and had the chips to do it as he kept luckboxing his way into big hands starting with trash. As a result I was essentially forced to wait for good to premium hands then get everything in (when every pot is capped on every street you get all in pretty fast.) The problem was that those cards weren't coming. In one round, I played the first hand of O, then folded my way through to the middle of the next H.

And my exit hand? UTG at Omaha I have A♦2♣K♣K♦. Three quarters of my stack was in five ways pre flop. The 68T flop contained two diamonds, and I had visions of a scoop as the rest of my chips went in. But, no more diamonds, nor low cards arrived, and once again I saw my neighbour rack it up with his 579J.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home